We at Lily's 4 Paws take your privacy seriously.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy sets out how Lily's 4 Paws uses the information that you provide us with.
Who we are
Who's data do we process?
- Clients & customers
- And any other bodies necessary to the running of the business
- Where did we get your data from? We get data about you from you when:
- You contact or visit us,
- buying from our shop,
- engaging with educational or community outreach services or other advocacy;
- or when we complete a business transaction with you as a supplier of products or services,
- or when you apply for a position or come to work or for this organisation.
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to from time to time as the nature of our services or operations change.
Data Analysis: To communicate with you more effectively, better understand your preferences we may analyse your data
What types of personal data do we process:
For our various activities, we process a range of categories of personal data. The categories of data we process as an organisation are:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, phone number, postal address, home address, work address)
- Information about your household
- Videos and images from CCTV
- Videos and images recorded for marketing and publicity purposes at events.
- Financial information (for the purposes of payment of services)
- Tax information, including your PPSN
- IP addresses – we process IP addresses in our website for access logging and other technical administration and security purposes. In normal circumstances we cannot identify an individual from their IP address, but we could potentially link an IP address to a named person from a transaction on the website, so we consider IP addresses to be personal data where such analysis is being done (usually at the request of law enforcement or as part of fraud detection and prevention controls). We also process IP addresses as part of our marketing email management processes to identify when emails are delivered, opened, and acted on.
On What Basis do we process your data?
Lily's 4 Paws will only process (use) your personal information if we have:
- asked you and have a record of your specific and recent consent for us to do so;
- a ‘Legitimate Interest’ to do so in order to support our services to you. Our use will be fair and balanced and never unduly have an impact on your rights;
- a contract with you that we can only fulfill by using your personal information, e.g. to send you something you have ordered from the website;
- a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you, e.g. for tax purposes,
From time to time, we would like to send you exciting updates about our work, products, services and how you can support us, including fundraising activities and research.
How long we keep your data:
We will keep the personal data of customers for no longer than is deemed necessary, so this will depend on the purpose for which we process your data. Some of these time limits are listed above with the descriptions of purposes for processing data. We retain the personal data of suppliers for as long as is deemed relevant and legally necessary. We will retain the personal details of past, current or future employees in line with employment law.
Unless you tell us not to, we think you are contenting for us to process (keep and use) your personal information for the following lengths of time. As of May 2018, we promise not to keep your information for longer than we specify below.. We keep information on people whose data we process in line with our retention policy, which is guided by statutory requirements for certain data (e.g. financial records or health and safety records), our own internal risk assessments, or established standards and practice
- Demonstrated an interest in Lily's 4 Paws via an enquiry or purchase
we keep your personal information for a period of 2 years.
Where do we keep your data? Lily's 4 Paws uses Google Drive. All transfers are fully encrypted and secure.
Data Sharing: Who do we share your data with?
Educational bodies connected to our courses
Lily's 4 Paws do not share, sell or swap your information with other organisations.
In some circumstances it is necessary for Lily's 4 Paws to give relevant staff at our service providers access to your personal information. This access is only granted to the extent necessary for them to perform their services for us. We require all service providers to comply with strict rules to protect the information you have given us.
What are your rights and who should you contact? Individuals have rights over their personal data under EU law. These rights are not absolute, and some qualifications and restrictions do apply, particularly in relation to data that is required to be retained for audit or taxation purposes or where data falls into one of the categories that is excluded from data subject access requests. In summary your rights in relation to your data held by Lily's 4 Paws are as follows:
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access – you have a right to access a copy of the data held about you by Dogs Trust;
- The right to know how long your personal data will be stored
- The right to know the purposes of processing and the legal basis for same, and if any further processing is to be undertaken by the Controller for purposes other than that which the data was originally collected;
- Right to rectification/erasure/objection/portability/restrict processing – unless it is determined that Lily's 4 Paws has an overriding need to retain your data, for example if we require it to meet tax audit requirements; you have a right to have errors corrected in the data we hold about you, you have the right to object to processing or restrict processing undertaken by Lily's 4 Paws, you have the right to data portability, and upon request we shall erase all your personal data that we hold on you
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (or equivalent supervisory authority in your country of habitual residence) – You can complain to the Data Protection Commissioner where you feel your rights have been infringed. Contact details are provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Lily's 4 Paws is committed to helping individuals exercise their rights. We will always balance our interests with your rights. If you have a query you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us though the other contact details in our contact section on this website.
Telephone: +353 57 8684800 / +353(0)761 104 800 / Lo Call No. 1890 252 231
Address: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois.
This information was last updated in May 2018. From time to time, we will make changes to the information on this page. The amended information will apply from the date it is posted on the site and will govern the way in which we collect and use personal information from then on.